Home Insurance


Buildings insurance protects your home against the cost of damage from fire, subsidence and other risks to its structure. If you are a home owner, buildings insurance is definitely a necessary buy, as it would only take one accident or act of God to destroy one of the most valuable possessions you have which could greatly affect your life and that of your family.

Our quick guide tells you what to look out for. Home insurance comes in two types: buildings insurance and contents insurance. Buildings insurance covers damage to the structure of your home itself. Buildings insurance typically covers damage caused by:

  • fire
  • lightning
  • subsidence, heave and landslip
  • storms
  • falling trees and branches
  • vehicles or animals
  • earthquake
  • flood and leakage from burst pipes, water tanks or heating installations
If you want to insure the contents of your home as well, it’s usually cheaper to buy buildings and contents insurance together rather than separately.

Buying buildings insurance is an absolute necessity; speak to ARC Protect today, as it could well become one of the biggest regrets of your life should anything happen to your home while you have no insurance to cover the damage. Buy buildings insurance for your home, and sleep easy at night safe in the knowledge that whatever may happen to your home, it is insured against any damage.

For Buildings and Contents insurance we offer products from a selected panel of providers


If you don’t need to insure the building you live in, consider home contents insurance for your possessions. Our quick guide will help you get a great deal.

Home contents insurance covers things in your home that you could take with you when you move – from curtains and carpets to TVs and washing machines, as well as clothing, personal possessions and valuables. If you rent your home or live in a leasehold property where the freeholder insures the building, you can save money by choosing contents insurance on its own. What does it cover? Most basic policies cover loss or damage caused by theft, fire or flooding in your home, but you can insure for a wider range of risks – for example, many policies include cover up to a certain amount for things that are lost or stolen when they are outside the home.

Extras worth considering are:

  • accidental damage to goods or furnishings
  • all risks insurance for personal possessions outside the home, for example a camera or bag you lose while on holiday
  • food in the freezer
  • personal money and credit cards
  • legal expenses
  • garden equipment cover for things kept in a shed
  • bicycle cover for your bike being stolen outside the home
  • Some policies will include these as standard, so make sure you’re comparing like with like.
For Buildings and Contents insurance we offer products from a selected panel of providers

About Us

Arc Protect

ARC Protect is a team of approachable and friendly financial advisors with over 100 years of collective experience behind us.


December 2017
« Nov    


Power House, 20 Haughton Road, Darlington, DL1 1ST
Phone: (0345) 873 3223
For Mobiles: (01748) 889 077
Website: www.arc-protect.com
Email: contactus@arc-protect.com


ARC Finance Group Ltd, trading as Arc Protect, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Where you have a complaint or dispute with us and we are unable to resolve this to your satisfaction then we are obliged to offer you the Financial Ombudsman Service to help resolve this. Please see the following link for further details: